10 Stylish 2016 Winter Wedding Ideas
There's only a week or so left of the 2015 year, but the winter weddings are just starting to pick up steam as we charge into 2016. Winter can be such a romantic time of year, and those who opt for a winter wonderland wedding know that not everything has to be cold and bleak.
Check out the top 10 hottest winter wedding ideas as you place your finishing touches on your wedding plans.
- Wedding Colors. Opt for a more minimalistic palette for your wedding's theme colors. This can include metallics such as silver or copper, with crystal accents to highlight the beautiful textures that winter has to offer. Satin or lace will also help define the colors you choose.
- Seasonal Flowers. Okay, so maybe no flowers grow during the winter months, but people will generally pair winter weddings with red roses, calla lilies, and amaryllis. However for 2016 will see couples choosing hydrangeas and ranunculuses. Accent these with dark colored greens.
- Invitations. Winter weddings will often be more formal strictly because they are indoors and many venues are quite fancy. Keeping with the formal feel, this year's invitations will call for navy blue, chocolate brown or eggplant colors with elegant fonts to match. To spice things up a bit, you can add metallic detailing to the invites!
- Table Centerpieces. Think more unique for your 2016 winter wedding. Many couples will be choosing candles, but don't forget ice-carved vases, hanging crystal or white-branches. Any of these options will help bring the outside in -- without the cold weather, of course.
- Table Cards. Escort cards are always a difficult choice and can be as cheap or expensive as you may them to be. To save some money, collect or purchase a bag of pine cones, spray paint them a metallic color or even white and attach a piece of parchment paper with a hand-calligraphed name on it.
- Wedding Music. Winter weddings will generally gravitate to softer, more elegant music. However, spice things up a bit and bring in a live band that can play a variety of tunes. An a capella or solo singer is also a great option that 2016 winter weddings will feature.
- Winter Cocktails. Here's where you can get really creative for your winter wedding. Of course, keep the red wine option, but don't forget to add 3-5 signature drinks that your guests can order -- such as hot toddies or spiked eggnog. Don't forget the kid-friendly hot chocolates (white hot-chocolate is in these days!) and warm apple cider.
- The Cake. A lot of cakes in winters past have seen cakes trimmed with red or green fondant topped with roses or bedazzled in edible jewels. In 2016, opt for something softer; go for texture instead of color by choosing fluffy buttercream icing dusted with edible metallic powder instead.
- Wedding Favors. Guests love getting wedding favors, and here is your chance to get really creative and make your wedding memorable. Last year saw a lot of cookies and chocolate. For your 2016 winter wedding, give your guests something creative, such as a mini, hand painted wooden bird feeder or perhaps a make-your-own hot chocolate kit.
- The Honeymoon. This is all about you and your significant other, now! We know it can be tempting to pick a tropical honeymoon, but there are hidden gems in colder climates. Rent a luxury limousine or party bus and head to New York City instead. Enjoy the lights, sleigh rides through Central Park, and the shopping. Or spend a few days alone at a ski resort, then rent a party bus to bring all your friends to the airport and have them meet you on the slopes!
Besides all these wonderful 2016 winter wedding ideas, there's no better idea than renting a limousine on a discount
. NJ Limo Bus LLC offers reduced rates for those looking to book during the winter months!
This entry was posted in blog
and tagged 2016
, limousine rentals
, winter weddings
. Bookmark the permalink