It's finally prom season, but perhaps you and your group have waited until the last minute to book a party bus in New Jersey or New York. In your rush to secure the ultimate party bus to transport you and your friends throughout the night, don't forget these 10 commonly overlooked booking details.
- Check for Insurance & Permits. At NJ Limo Bus LLC, all of our drivers goes through rigorous safety courses and require a Class B driver's license to operate our party buses and limousines. However, don't assume other companies do this! Ask to see proof of insurance as well as permits.
- Request Booking Confirmation. Any professional party bus or limousine company should supply whoever ordered the limo with a confirmation notice that lists booking date/s, cost, type of party bus or limo, pick-up and drop-off locations and other crucial information.
- Understand the Cancellation Policy. We understand that plans change at the last minute, so it's best to be up front from the beginning and ask your limo rental company what their cancellation policy is. Ask about cancellation fees and how much notice you need to give the company in order to get a full refund.
- Ask About the Food Situation. NJ Limo Bus LLC works hard to keep our party buses and limousines clean, so it's always a good idea to ask whether or not the company allows you to bring your own food and beverages on board.
- Who Can Be DJ? All of our luxury limousines and party buses are equipped with luxury amenities including surround sound throughout. Our drivers can certainly provide you and your group with music, but why not take advantage of the iPod connectors we have?
- Set the Travel Routes. Please let any limousine company know what specific routes you would like to take; will there be stops along the way from Point A to Point B? It's good to discuss a tentative itinerary so we can plan accordingly.
- Understanding Pricing Policy. Each party bus rental company has their own fee process. No matter what the process is, ask about any additional costs such as fuel or beverage fees. For more specific information about NJ Limo Bus LLC's pricing, please contact us! We're very open and harbor no hidden fees.
- Assess the Party Bus Amenities. This is a crucial step and can often make or break a good prom transportation experience. Once you've chosen a reputable company to rent from, go ahead and stop by their location to personally inspect the vehicle. Be nosey! Check out to see if all TVs, lights, stereo systems and seats are all in mint condition and working appropriately.
- Explain the Details. For New Jersey or New York prom transportation, we're going to need a few more details about your night. Let our company know how many people will be in your group so we can find the perfect prom transportation vehicle for you. Tell us how long you'd like to rent for and whether or not we need to specially prepare the vehicle in any way.
- Don't Forget to Tip. All of our drivers work hard to get you and your friends to where you need to go, so keep in mind that it is customary to tip your wonderful driver 18-20% of the base price. Some limousine companies may add the tip automatically to the price, so don't hesitate to ask if the tip is included.
Do you have any other tips that prom goers should know about regarding renting a limousine or party bus? Share them on our Facebook page!