‘Tis the season to be happy and giving! It’s also the time of year where we focus most on family and friends. For those looking to establish better relationships with their family or friends, try considering starting a new holiday tradition.
According to a recent Gallup poll, nearly 95% of Americans celebrate the Christmas holiday, though that celebration may only be focused on Christmas morning. To develop additional memories this holiday season, consider a few of these traditions.
Home Holiday Traditions
- An “Elf on the Shelf” game. Your family will love finding out where the elf will end up next in the house.
- Cutting down a Christmas tree or decorating the tree on a certain calendar date every year. Cutting down or decorating a tree with either friends or family is a great way to get everyone in one location.
- Bake holiday sweets and treats. Baking food around the holidays is a great way to bond with family, and did we mention the end result makes great gifts?
Neighborhood Holiday Traditions
- Grab your friends or family members and go caroling around the neighborhood this holiday season. You can even rent a limousine or party bus to transport you to other neighborhoods.
- Go sledding, skiing or ice skating in your area. This is a great chance to burn off some of those extra holiday calories. Is the ski area too far from home? No worries, our professional limousine and party bus drivers have no problem shuttling you to and from the slopes.
- Check out the holiday lights in your town or surrounding neighborhoods. NJ Limo Bus knows all the great places throughout New Jersey to see some of the most spectacular light displays.
Community Giving Holiday Traditions
- Grab a couple friends or get your family together and head to your town’s soup kitchen to volunteer for a few hours and hand out food to those in need.
- Starting a canned or non-perishable food drive within your neighborhood is a great way to get people to think about others this holiday season. Make it a competition between other surrounding neighborhoods or streets!
- Comb through you and your family’s wardrobes and donate gently used clothing. This time of year, consider giving away last year’s scarves, hats, and gloves.
No matter what tradition you end up starting this holiday season, be sure to have everyone on board with it so the idea sticks and carries through to next year. Give us a call now and make NJ Limo Bus a part of your holiday traditions!